Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 7: The Reason for Everything

Today's passage concludes the first week of moving toward God's purpose for our lives. It reminds us that everything is for God's glory and should be treated as such.  From waking up in the morning to the sun setting at night, it's all for Him.  As mentioned in previous posts, it seems so easy to see God in the big or happy things - winning the lottery, getting a promotion, finding the love of your life.  It's not so easy when you're faced with struggle or just living the day-to-day drama that life can be.  For example, I know it's hard to see the glory of God when someone is doing me wrong. 

Today's question asks us to think about where we can become more aware of God's glory in our daily routine.  The place that comes to mind for me is in my children's chatter right after I come home from work.  I am an only child and though I can be outgoing, I crave quiet, especially in the transition times.  Most days, rather than getting 5 or 10 minutes to come in the house, lay down my things and relax, I'm inundated with the dog jumping and the kids' non-stop talking.  Most days I appreciate it, but other times I just want my peace and quiet.  Instead of thinking that way, I can see how blessed I am to not only have children but to have children who want me to be an active part of their lives. 

How has God's glory manifested itself in your life, and how can you be more aware?

No comments:

Post a Comment