Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 4: Made to Last Forever

In "Made to Last Forever," Warren reminds us that we've only been put on this Earth for a short time.  This world is supposed to be used as preparation for the next and isn't the end.  I've been guilty of getting so caught up in the day-to-day drama of life and forgetting that our time on earth is temporary.  When you look at life through that lens, it helps you focus on what's really important and ignore the rest.

Today's question asks you to think about what you'd do differently now that you remember life on this Earth is temporary. Hmmm...

One thing I'll stop:
- Being so concerned about what others think of me.  I was put on this Earth to please God and live for Him.  Trusting that God has a plan for me even in the roughest times should be enough to calm any fears or negative thoughts.

One thing I'll start:
- Slowing down.  There's always so much to do that I often find myself running all day.  I go from work to home to family activities and then do it all over again.  That leaves little time to sit, think, pray, or relax.  Even when I would make time for those things, I'd be multi-tasking.  By remembering that things here are temporary, I can slow down and focus on what's truly important.  One thing at a time (or two...and only if I have to) is enough.

Are there any things in your life that need to start or stop? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment