Friday, January 29, 2010

Remember When?

Since it's still January, I imagine many of us are still setting our 2010 goals.  I know I've been immersed in learning about vision boards, making to-do lists, goal-setting, etc.  Earlier this week I sat in on a call where the speaker introduced me to the "Remember When?" game. It wasn't the traditional, "Remember when this event happened 10 years ago?" kind of exercise. Instead, it asks you to remember forward. This is a way to speak life into your goals and relates very well to the last part of Romans 4:17 that says God "...calls things that are not as though they were (NIV)" and Mark 11:24, "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. (NKJV)."

This is an exercise you can keep in your journal, but I thought it would be good to do some public "reminiscing."  I can't wait to come back in a year to see how many of these "Remember Whens" have already manifested in our lives.

Here are a few from me to get everyone started. Remember, these are related to your future goals, business or otherwise:

- Remember when I made more money my first year back full-time in my business than I ever made in corporate America?

- Remember when I made the cover of Entrepreneur...twice?

- Remember when I paid off all my debt, including those student loans, and never owed more than I could afford to pay again?

So, what do you "remember?"  Is it the first day on your dream job, the celebration you had because your child finally made the honor roll, marrying the man or woman of your dreams, fitting into a size you never thought possible, starting a worldwide ministry, making $1MM after expenses in your business venture, or something else entirely?  Whatever it is, don't be afraid to remember it.  Put those goals out in the universe, push forward and praise God as they come to pass.

Happy remembering!

No comments:

Post a Comment